Alka-linux is a portable software framework for the quantitative analysis of economic and social data and for the presentation, comparison and dissemination of the obtained results.
Alka-linux is organized as a collection of open source software packed in a light-weight Linux distribution derived from the popular Debian operating system. It can be copied on a DVD or USB key and directly run from there.
- Runs smoothly on both laptops and desktops, new and old
- Automatically detects (most) hardware configurations
- Has a simple, easy-to-use graphical interface
- Contains a large list of easily-accessible open source software tools
Select your version:
Two versions of alka-linux are available. They are both distributed as .iso images. If you don't know what to do with this kind of file, it could be helpful to read How to get and use alka-linux
- alka-mint (suggested) is the most up-to-date version. It is based on Linux Mint and runs on 64 bit machines. Download alka-mint
- alka-dime contains oldest versions of the software packages. It is however perfectly functional, and it is more suitable for older and slower 32 bit machines. Download alka-dime